These frittata muffins are easy to make and are perfect for an easy dinner (just serve with a side salad) or a grab and go lunch! Packed with protein and veggies this is a healthy recipe that everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 finely chopped onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 swiss brown mushrooms
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 handful chopped baby spinach leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 eggs
- 3 tablespoons nut milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into 5mm thick slices
- Preheat oven to 175ºC/ 347 F. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with a little coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion & garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and capsicum and sauté for a further 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the parsley and spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the cooked vegetables to a colander to drain off the excess liquid.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the nut or coconut milk and coconut flour. Season with salt and pepper, add the cooked vegetables and mix until well combined.
- Line each muffin hole with 1 slice of prosciutto, covering the base and sides completely. Spoon in the frittata mixture until level with the rim of the tin. Top each muffin with 2 slices of cherry tomato.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins have risen and a metal skewer inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 2 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely