With Halloween just a couple of weeks away I was drawn to this idea for a Halloween hot chocolate. So easy to do and both kids and adults will like it – I mean who doesn’t like hot chocolate? Perfect for a relaxed Halloween or an after trick or treating warm up!
Use either a store bought hot chocolate mix or for those ‘do it yourself’ types, here is a simple but awesome hot choc recipe:
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately.